This governance course will help you to better understand the roles and responsibilities of non-profit directors, trustees and company secretaries. The eLearning lessons are based on CramdenTECH’s BoardPASS training workshops for charities and social enterprises.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Explain how to identify and manage organisational risks
- Explain the key roles and responsibilities associated with non-profit boards
- Understand the board evaluation process
- Understand how to manage work groups, committees and employees
Course lessons cover topics such as:
- Developing a risk register
- Leading with integrity
- Conflict management
- Board member recruitment and induction
- Tracking compliance
- Plans and policies
In taking this course, you will have the opportunity to access a comprehensive range of video resources, templates and checklists and obtain a copy of the BoardPASS Governance Fundamentals Handbook.
The course takes approximately 3 hours to complete.
The course is suitable for non-profit and charity board directors and trustees. ‘Governance Fundamentals for Non-Profits’ would also be of benefit to executive managers and staff who support the governance function in their organisations. Learners need not have undertaken governance training previously.
The “How to Chair Meetings” and “Structuring Agendas” skills builder resources complement the “Governance Fundamentals for Non-Profits” course.
The course fee is €60.