- Minimum legal requirements boards of CLG must adhere to
- Role of company members
- Duties and responsibilities of Company Directors
- Duties and administrative responsibilities of Company Secretaries
- Considerations when updating an existing company constitution (incorporating the Memorandum and Articles of Association)
- Implications of the Companies Act 2014 for CLG formations in the future
- Implications of the Companies Act 2014 for existing CLG
- Board governance processes and procedures
- Corporate compliance considerations
In addition to completing the course, participants receive a soft copy of the 3rd Edition of the BoardPASS Board Governance Handbook plus templates and checklists suitable for use by board directors and sub-committee members.
The Handbook and resources provided in this course are particularly suitable for companies limited by guarantee who have a charity registration number from the Charities Regulatory Authority and/or CHY number from the Revenue Commissioners.
This skills builder takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
‘Board Directors Guide to running a Company Limited by Guarantee‘ is designed for people who support the work of non-profit Companies Limited by Guarantee in a professional capacity or who serve as CLG directors and company secretaries.
The course costs €30 for 30 days unlimited access.
Participants may independently print a Certificate of Completion upon successfully completing the course. This certificate reflects one hour of unstructured Continuing Professional Development.
To purchase the course, please enter the valid details in the payment section at the bottom of the page.
Commence the Course & General Instructions
Once you have purchased the course you will automatically be enrolled on the course:
- Please progress through each of the lessons in the course sequentially.
- To move from one lesson page to another, click on the ‘Mark Complete’ button located at the end of each lesson page. Once you have clicked the ‘Mark Complete’ button, you may then progress to the next lesson in the course.
- Some lesson pages contain interactive resources. To open an interactive resource, click the orange ‘Launch’ button contained on the web page. Click on the ‘Next’ buttons or arrows within each interactive resource to move from one screen to the next within each of these resources.
- Document names in red within a lesson or topic page denote that the document is available to download. Just click on the document name (in red) to open it for viewing and download.
To start the course, click on the lesson 1 heading in the table below.