Strong visual content is a huge asset to any organisation that wishes to stand out from the crowd online. Whether you are developing content for a website or aiming to achieve more impactful social media posts, creating effective visual content is a must! If you would like to achieve professional looking graphics, then this practical course will help you to:
- Understand how to design graphics for use on websites and social media platforms
- Understand how to design logos, reports and visuals for social media posts
- Explain the importance of colour, space, contract, symmetry, fonts and images in graphic design
This course is designed for participants who hold marketing or communications roles in businesses or non-profit organisations e.g. Committee PRO, general administrator, centre co-ordinator, small business owner, marketing communications officer.
The course is divided into twelve component parts and takes approximately 3 hours to complete. Topics are self-contained to facilitate micro-learning for the time conscious participant.
Lesson 1: Using Canva as a graphic design tool
- An introduction to online graphic design tool Canva
- Creating a Canva account
- Creating a design in Canva
Lesson 2: Selecting Fonts and using space, contrast and symmetry effectively
- The importance of getting visual content right
- Typography terms
- Typographical contrast
- Spacing contrast
- Shape contrast
Lesson 3: Selecting colours, images, vectors and icons
- Colour associations
- Using images, vectors and icons
Lesson 4: Getting Started – Social Media Profile Covers
- How to create a Facebook Event Cover
- How to create a Twitter Cover
- How to create a LinkedIn Banner
Lesson 5: Getting Started – Creating Visuals for Social Media Posts
- How to design an Instagram post
Lesson 6: Getting Started – Creating Online Banner Advertisements
- Online Advertising
- Methods of Advertising Online Explained
- Banner Ads
Lesson 7: Create a Company Logo
- How to create a company logo
- Colour Associations in Logo Design
Lesson 8: Create Company Letterheads and Compliment Slips
- How to create company letterheads and compliment slips
Lesson 9: Create a Trifold Brochure
- How to create a trifold brochure
Lesson 10: Create an A4 Promotional Flyer and Event Invitation
- How to create an A4 Promotional Flyer
- How to create an Event Invitation
Lesson 11: Create an Annual Report
- How to create an Annual Report
Lesson 12: Quick Links – Online Resources
- Quick access to website resources
Course Assessment: Upon successful completion of the final course assessment each participant will be able to independently download a Certificate of Course Completion.
The Creating Visual Content and Graphic Designs course costs €43.05 per participant for 30 days course access.
To purchase the course, please enter the valid details in the payment section at the bottom of the page.
Commence the Course & General Instructions
Once you have purchased the course you will automatically be enrolled on the course:
- Please progress through each of the lessons in the course sequentially.
- To move from one lesson page to another, click on the ‘Mark Complete’ button located at the end of each lesson page. Once you have clicked the ‘Mark Complete’ button, you may then progress to the next lesson in the course.
- Some lesson pages contain interactive resources. To open an interactive resource, click the orange ‘Launch’ button contained on the web page. Click on the ‘Next’ buttons or arrows within each interactive resource to move from one screen to the next within each of these resources.
- Document names in blue within a lesson or topic page denote that the document is available to download. Just click on the document name (in blue) to open it for viewing and download.
To start the course, click on the lesson 1 heading in the table below.