Customer service is an essential component of any successful organisation or business. It impacts not just on the day-to-day operations enabling effective customer care, but also on the ways in which customers experience an organisation. Hence, the customer service function, ultimately plays a critical role in the development of an organisations’ brand.
In this course, we will explore customer service from the perspectives of front-line staff working in hospitality, retailing and office administration environments. A range of practical scenarios will be used, to help you to better relate key learning points to your own customer service experiences and positions.
The course is divided into 5 component parts and takes approx. 1 hour to review. Topics are self-contained to facilitate micro-learning for the time conscious participant.
1. Customer Service – Key Terms
This lesson quickly checks your understanding of key terms in use in customer service.
2. The Principles of Customer Service
In this lesson, we will define what we mean by customer service and learn about the ten principles of good customer service. Following a practical set of core principles can help ensure that customers are cared for consistently within an organisation and by all of the staff with whom they come into contact.
3. Customer Service in Context
In this lesson, we see how the ten principles of customer service are applied in different industry settings. We take a practical look at the implications of the principles for people working in customer facing roles in a hospitality setting, retailing setting and office setting.
4. Features of Excellent Customer Service
In this lesson, we explore what we mean by the term ‘customer’ and identify what excellent customer service means from the customer’s viewpoint.
5. Handling Complaints
Every now and again, we encounter people and customers who are unhappy with the standard of service they receive. It is important that we are able to deal with issues in a competent, personable and professional manner.
Upon successfully completing the course, participants may download free of charge a course Certificate of Completion.
The course costs €25 per participant for 60 days course access.
To purchase the course, please enter the valid details in the payment section at the bottom of the page.
Commence the Course & General Instructions
Once you have purchased the course you will automatically be enrolled on the course:
- Please progress through each of the lessons in the course sequentially.
- To move from one lesson page to another, click on the ‘Mark Complete’ button located at the end of each lesson page. Once you have clicked the ‘Mark Complete’ button, you may then progress to the next lesson in the course.
- Some lesson pages contain interactive resources. To open an interactive resource, click the orange ‘Launch’ button contained on the web page. Click on the ‘Next’ buttons or arrows within each interactive resource to move from one screen to the next within each of these resources.
- Document names in blue within a lesson or topic page denote that the document is available to download. Just click on the document name (in blue) to open it for viewing and download.
To start the course, click on the lesson 1 heading in the table below.