As it’s Friday, we are sharing our favourite eLearning facts from the list compiled by Talent LMS:
- The term ‘eLearning’ has only been in existence since 1999, when the word was first utilised at a CBT system seminar.
- eLearning is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today and it will continue to grow fast.
- 25% of all employees leave their jobs mainly due to lack of training and learning opportunities. While companies who do provide eLearning opportunities, generate about 26% more revenue per employee.
- The Internet is widely and increasingly used for self-directed learning. In 2010 32% of the total population in the EU has consulted Internet for the purpose of self-directed learning. This is an increase by 9% compared to 2007.
- By 2020, the global mobile learning market is projected to be $37.8 billion.
- eLearning is good for the environment. Britain’s Open University’s study found that producing and providing eLearning courses consumes an average of 90% less energy and produces 85% fewer CO2 emissions per student than conventional face-to-face.
- 77% of U.S. corporations report using online learning to enhance their employees training and educational programs.
- 52% of people using mobile learning do so in bed after waking up and 46% do so in bed before they go to sleep.
- The eLearning market has grown an incredible 900% since the year 2000.
- Networked devices will grow from 15B to 21B by 2018. Of these, 57% will be mobile devices. eLearning will benefit from faster Internet access everywhere and availability on any device.
View these fun facts and more in infographic form at https://www.talentlms.com/blog/20-facts-elearning-infographic/